Ducky Derby Rules
Adopt a duck by purchasing a ticket–each ticket corresponds to one duck.
The Ducky Derby begins on the Third Avenue Bridge over the Washougal River when a front‐loader tips its bucket and unloads 5,500 plastic ducks into the water! From there the current takes over and the ducks dash to the finish line. The fastest ducks down the river win fantastic prizes for those who have adopted them.
How does it work?
Each duck is tagged with a number that corresponds to the “Lucky Duck Number” on the tickets that have been purchased. In the river near the finish line the ducks enter a chute which forces them to finish single-file. As the ducks cross the finish line their numbers are read out loud and recorded by a team of judges. Contest winners are determined by matching the winning duck numbers with the contact information on the tickets.
Rules governing the Ducky Derby
- A maximum of 5,500 ducks will be sold at $5.00 each.
- Ducks will be launched into the Washougal River from under the 3rd Avenue bridge at 12 pm on the fourth Sunday in July.
- Every duck sold will be automatically entered in the race by the Camas-Washougal Rotary. All ducks remain the property of the Camas-Washougal Rotary Club.
- Once the ducks are released, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck will be permitted.
- Winners will be notified by telephone, email, and/or in the media.
- Ticket holders need not be present to win.
- All prizes will be awarded as stated, no substitutions will be allowed.
- Prizes must be claimed by August 31 or the prize is forfeited.
- Official race results will be available at cwduckyderby.org on July 31 by 5 pm.
- Judges independent of the Camas-Washougal Rotary Club will be obtained and their decisions will be final.
- Camas-Washougal Rotary members and their immediate families are not eligible to win.
- Winners of prizes in excess of $600 must provide social security number for IRS purposes.
- Ticket stub and valid I.D. required to claim all prizes.
- Must be at least 18 years old to buy a ticket.
- C-W Rotary reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race or to determine a winner by random drawing in the event of inclement weathers, acts of God or other circumstances beyond C-W Rotary’s reasonable control.
- By purchasing a ticket, winners consent to the promotional use of their name and likenesses by C-W Rotary and its designees without additional compensation.
- If weather and water conditions prevent a suitable number of ducks to cross the finish line within one hour, prizes will be awarded in the customary manner to those that have finished the race. The remainder of the prizes will be awarded via a random drawing from all tickets sold, avoiding duplicate prizes to already “winning” ducks.